Quaint homes are all about being cosy and comfortable. Quaint house interior decoration should have a vintage charm and a classy look. From the living room to the bedroom, the interior must fill with sophistication. While going through a small house interior design portfolio, you can gather a lot of ideas and decide your preference. But an unprofessional design may waste time, money, and the wow factor. It is when you need to contact an interior designer. They can identify, relate & understand your preferences and at the same time give a touch of professionalism to your house.
Few Interior Designing Tips for Your Quaint Home
- Colour Contrast – Contrasting wall floor and furniture colours are necessary to make small rooms look spacious. Colour the walls with neutral base colours like white or off-white, and add a maximum of two furniture of darker colour. Use wooden flooring to give a traditional look.
- Have a collection of antique or vintage items – this adds a sense of sophistication to your small house interior design. Add niches on the wall, or add few open shelves on the wall to showcase your gifts, artefacts, and collections. Decorate the wall with some old photo frames.
- Use foldable Furniture – For airy and spacious small house interior design, try to use foldable furnishings whenever not needed. Some furniture like a dining table is not required every time, so it is better to go for a foldable one.
- Large Windows – Install large French windows instead of small ones. That makes the room spacious and fills in with natural lights. You can feel the nature from your sitting couch. The natural light brightens up your home every morning will give you immense pleasure.
- Multi-purpose Furniture – For a small house interior decoration, multi-purpose furnishings like sofa beds are quite useful. They not only serve a variety of purposes but also give a sophisticated look without making the rooms look overcrowded. Integrating furnishings saves a lot of space like a shoe cabinet can serve as sitting tools. There are several multi-purpose furnishings available in the market.
- Simple Decoration – don’t mess up with your decorations and try to keep it simple. That will make it look elegant. Use fewer furnishings, keep the floor clean, let the wall colour contrast with furnishing.
- Add some greenery to your room. That will make your room look fresh and attractive.
- Focus on Proper Lighting – Light is the most important thing needed in small houses. A bit improper lighting may make your home look dull. You can use an elegant flush mount and bright table lamps. An old-lighting trick includes the usage of mirrors. Try to adjust a mirror adjacent to the windows that will reflect the outdoor light and illuminate your interior affordably.
- Focus on the ceiling – try to make your ceilings high to make your room look big and airy. Your vertical spaces will attract more attention. You can hang some storage elements on the walls without giving an over-crowed look.
- Place all Furnishings away from the wall – Put them in the centre of the room will leave some comfortable space between them and the walls, and it will certainly look good.
Quaint homes are relatively smaller and cosy ones. You must design them with several tricks, especially consider the lighting in the room, use neutral colours, add greeneries, and use multi-purpose furniture. Avoid adding extra furnishings that will make your room overcrowded and uncomfortable to stay. It is better to get professional help for designing because a little mistake can ruin the entire look of our home.